View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 02:54 AM   #8
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I had some sudden drains recently. The KA1's time (but not date) started to be way off. Strangely, recharging was very quick.

I believe it might be related to reading a particular book, as I've started reading a different one and everything's been OK since. All my books are sideloaded. Sigil's epub checker plugin reports no problems with the "bad" book.
I've had many sudden drains recently too, both with the One and the H2o2. Too many to incriminate any book, specially because I've always started reading the book I couldn't read anymore on one device on the other with no problem. Both my devices are on F/W 4.6.10075 since November 2017 and my problems started in January 2018, so I tend not to incriminate the F/W.
And I've had two "behaviors":
* until yesterday, the screen was blocked on the sleep screen, looking perfectly normal except it was impossible to turn it on and it didn't react when connected to my PC. And even charging it for 8 hours didn't work, it needed practically 24 yours to be able to restart (I don't know exactly because it was overnight). It then worked correctly for a while.
* this morning, I turned the One on, checked the battery was at 100% and changed manually a couple of reading positions to "read", went away for 10 minutes and returned to a black screen indicating I should charge. I started charging it, a couple minutes afterwards the battery was at 2%, and it did go very quickly to 100%.

Both my devices are fairly recent: the H2o2 since September 5 2017, as a spare since my 2nd One had started misbehaving (a different problem, connecting to the PC), my 3rd One since September 19 (luckily the guarantee is 2 years in Europe).

I'm getting desperate - it was particularly annoying yesterday morning when I spent 3 1/2 hours in a waiting room - and I can't fit 2 readers in my handbag.

Last edited by anacreon; 01-24-2018 at 03:49 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote