Thread: New Leaf Theme Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #26
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is about books with a school theme. Books read in school is not it. There has to be a school in the book nominated. That's the theme.
I think "Back to School" is a fantastic theme that would not be as good if we try to limit it. Stating the original intention is good because it does help us understand what you were going for but if someone wants to be creative with the title then that should be fine too.

If we wanted to completely limit the theme to books with a school in it, then that should be the title of the theme, "books based in or around a school", but I don't think think that would get much support (I could be wrong). If that was selected, I think we would see a different, more nit-picky, sort of creativity which isn't going give us the best results.
Spoiler:
I hope we never have to come up with excuses like these to justify a book being nominated:
"The introduction says the author dropped out of Podunk High School, therefore a school is mentioned and it's allowed."
"Dr. So-and-So works at Johns Hopkins, which is a teaching hospital, so there's a school and we're good to go."
"The University of Chicago is located right next to ___ which is featured in the book so it is 'around' the school and it works!"
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote