View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 06:10 PM   #7
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Per Overdrive, Pocketbook and Tolino models are also compatible. Pocketbook has models that have physical buttons plus are small and light. Price wise, not much difference from the Kobos. It's been a long time since I had a Pocketbook device and it had the peeling plastic problem but was great otherwise. No prior experience with Tolino devices but they don't seem to have physical page turn buttons anyway.

I haven't had my hands on current Kobos but previous models felt very cheap and flimsy and the firmware was often buggy. And again, even on current models, no hardware page turn buttons and quite a bit bigger than my mom's current device. I intend to take her in to handle Kobos in a store, assuming I can find them in stock locally, but I'm pretty sure she's going to be unimpressed by the size and touch only interface.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote