View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:46 PM   #103
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
My 950 F:Reader "drive" has basically the same structure. I don't have an SD card or a Sony Memory Stick, so only two "drives" show up in Windows 8.1. F: is my Reader drive and I: is my Setting drive. It appears all that the Setting drive is used for is to load desktop software to Windows or Mac (probably well outdated by now). If I hook my 950 up to Linux, only the Reader drive shows up. I guess there's no need for the Setting drive to appear there. (The 350 behaves the same as the 950.)

Just curious, what version of software are you using on the 950? I have 2.0.00.11300, which was quite a jump from the 1.03.xxx that was on it when delivered. I don't know what it changed, except that, after installing it, my Page Turn buttons started working properly and I now have a (now useless) Google Book App and Purchased Content App that appear in my Network section.

Strangely, the T2 shows both Reader and Setting drive even in Linux. The 505 and 600 don't. The 505 also doesn't have a Setting drive in Windows.
My 950 firmware is the same as your current one, the last version available. I listed the file structure as I have received Sony readers with the whole reader file structure and original files wiped out, apparently by a memory reformat. I manually rebuilt the structure on a couple of Sony readers. The 950 with the apparently complete file structure now has about 170 ebooks and 75 photos side loaded. I activated the sleep mode photo display and selected about a dozen photos to use with it including 3 of the 4 original photos Sony placed on their ebook readers originally. BTW I am using a very elderly HP Windows XP system.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote