View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #98
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Peple have mentioned good prices on the PRS-950 from Goodwill. I just got one from a ebay seller who listed it on a bid listing with a starting bid of about $10. My winning bid was $56 + $10 shipping which seems reasonable to me. Unit came with original documentation, Sony 1.5 amp charger with cable and new appearing original box and looks new other than two scratches on the rear plate. Seller claims the battery holds a charge and I am charging it fully now to verify that. Overall a much more reasonable price than some of the ebay BIN listings noted earlier.
All my current Sonys (except for the T2) came from Shop Goodwill and all have good batteries. I get the feeling that none of these readers were used a whole lot (with the possible exception of the 505) and so the batteries haven't really been run down. A couple Kindles and a Nook I bought on Shop Goodwill (on the other hand) had bad batteries. One of the Kindle's battery had swollen badly. I'm lucky it hadn't blown up – though I think the pressure might have broken the screen. My conclusion, the Sonys had better batteries – very good build quality.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote