View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #203
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Yes. The only thing we know from the blurb is that dogs are disappearing from Chicago's streets. Dogs, apart from wild street dogs, are rarely alone; in the US I believe that the common practise even with cats is to keep them in (in the UK they go out in the day). But on both sides of the pond it would be rare to see an 'owned' dog alone and not on a leash unless it's lost.

Also, in the blurb thread, there's now mention that Donovan is shipping the dogs abroad. This would be expensive (practicalities like rabies shots etc), and for what purpose? Few countries are short of dogs.

As to ARF, or whoever, where are they keeping the dogs? In what conditions? Are they humane? Won't the dogs be pining for their people?

I wonder if Gregg has really thought about this?
Where did you get the idea that US cats are indoors only?
Certain breeds yes. Your ordinary cat can be indoors /outdoors or both.
My mom has indoor cats, outdoor cats, a few of outside cats have moved either next door or in one case down the street and other cats that go in and out as they please.
Right now, the kittens are indoors unless they are supervised. One ragdoll is the same way. She even has a leash.