View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What are your thoughts on adding a property to be passed to plugins (via the sigil.cfg file) as to whether or not an epub is in an unsaved state or not? I'm thinking especially of input/output plugins. In the case of your FolderOut plugin, I think it could potentially cause problems/confusion if an OEBPS copy of an unsaved epub is exported.

At the very least, I think a warning should be added to the FolderOut plugin that unsaved changes can/will be exported. While we decide anyway.

I believe all input plugins already have a generic warning that the current epub is going to be overwritten--giving the user a chance to abort. I think it might be a good idea for output (or input) plugins to determine for themselves whether or not an unsaved epub warning is warranted. It would give users the ability to abort the output and save their changes first.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote