View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #1506
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
P.S. After more testing, it works on some files, but not others. I know there are a couple file-by-file bugs that can derail tesseract; for example, it won't work with unstated resolution.

P.P.S. I've tried running them through k2pdfopt twice, the first time to set a resolution, and the second to ocr. No luck.
Can you post or PM me some examples of what you are talking about, and a screen shot of k2pdfopt converting the file? Does it claim that it correctly loaded the language, at least?

Resolution should not be an issue with k2pdfopt, so long as it is loading and processing your file without complaining, and the size of the source document looks reasonable (see attached). K2pdfopt sends the words to Tesseract one at a time to be converted by OCR, and it does not include a resolution when it does this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	227
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	161637  
willus is offline   Reply With Quote