View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #44
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Isn't that what they were saying five years ago? You may be right, I don't know. I hope not. I don't like LCD screens for reading.
5-10 years ago E-ink looked like it was going to be so good it would end up on laptop computers. It has barely moved an inch over the past decade. We still do not have color e-ink devices in the mainstream and affordable. Meanwhile, led/lcd screens keep leaping forward, battery life increases, Android's operating system keeps improving. I was all in about a decade ago for e-ink, but mostly 6" black and white screens haven't excited me. I would have expected a 10" color e-ink device in the mainstream by now. I think e-ink at its snail pace of improvement hasn't gained much ground compared to years ago. Indeed, my first e-ink Kindle had more features than my last Paperwhite 3 exception only being the light on the Paperwhite.

Last edited by Conan46; 01-08-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote