View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #70
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Even a non-glare screen will occure glare if you point a direct light on it.
It reminds me anyway of an office story I lived, which is relevant.
User wants an LCD screen, CRT is diminishing for her. Decides to propose a justification: "it's for my eyes".
I start looking around for documentation - some real research that states that one technology is eye-friendly and another isn't.
Turns out that the discipline for eye|sight protection is 99.9% environmental conditions: the organization of the lights in the office and their incidence over those objects you look at.

Now, I did not insist on this matter because it must be so natural, when the light falls badly on your screen the screen must be moved - this is what you are supposed to do when you are holding something in your hands, and the rest is extension. (Of course, this is valid for usable objects: nowadays they sell mirrors as screens, so high are the current levels of perversion...)
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote