View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
I have a series of 1930's era technical and engineering books I would love to have on my reader.
I suspect those would be a _lot_ of trouble to convert using OCR. I ended up scanning my old technical books as images, combined them into PDF files, and gave each a proper table of contents (which was a huge effort for many of them, as well). You can't alter how each page looks, but at least you don't have to worry about OCR errors, figures, tables and equations. Creating a proper EPUB3 would be at least ten times the work for most of my technical books.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote