View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #7889
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Codex Alera series . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Did you enjoy the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Oh, very much so. Jim Butcher has a very unique writing style. Codex Alera is the same way. Think of it as Harry Dresden, except with a 3rd person view following different people. Exchange the scenery to a completely made up world, adjust the rules for the magic system. And it is basically the same. You still have all the snarks and making fun of things that will make you smile even in the middle of horrible graphic scenes. The dialogues are always the best, IMHO.

Fair warning, maybe not suited for younger children as there is a good amount of graphic violence with blood and gore. It is fantastic if you like Dresden. I love both, some people like only one or the other due to content. If you ask me, Jim Butcher makes any content worth reading. Even his Spiderman novel was a good read (for me).
Yes, very much! And I totally agree with all the other stuff DT said as well (except that I've never read Jim's Spiderman novel)!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-26-2017 at 06:57 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote