View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 06:14 AM   #53
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
Bistable version:

It will be really interessting how the bistable screen looks like. ClearInk states that the reflection is 83 % which is double what e-ink can achieve. So the white and black hence the contrast will be much better. Compare a physical white page with a kindle paperwhite with frontlight off. It does not look like paper. So I expect that the ClearInk bistable version will look like paper even if the frontlight will be turned off. IMO the reading experience will be much better than on a kindle.

Video version:
As in the bistable version they can achieve a reflection of 83 %. So there is a lot of room to use a color filter which reduces reflection. With 4096 colors (the prototype showed just 8 different colors) the reflection will be reduced to around 40 - 45 %. Which is as good as the reflection seen on the kindle paperwhite but now with 4096 colors. In addition the shown prototype does not have a frontligth. With frontlight colors will look even stronger and better. Should they increase the ppi densitiy from 100 to between 200 - 300 this would be outstanding.

The ACeP from e-ink can show up to 32.000 but page turning will be too slow for using it browsing in the internet or even playing videos etc.. And I expect that ACeP will be very expensive compared to ClearInks technologie.

I bet all my money on ClearInk.

Last edited by Matilo; 01-06-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote