View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #230
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
EDIT: and with this 500th post, I see I become a "fanatic". See?
I see

I am not as strict as you are. I understand why e-reader manufacturers provide their own apps - as a "nicer" UI to the functionalities of their readers, and also, for those who have their own stores, as a way to make it slightly easier to buy books through their own channel than through others. As long as they don't try to force me to use them (i.e., make it purposefully hard to use the device one's own way), I have no real problem with it.

The way the reMarkable works is also OK to me - it is not actively trying to obfuscate things for the user who wants to have a look at it.

Of course, it's always better (in my view) if everything is open, but that's also how you make it easy for the user to "break" something.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote