View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 04:13 AM   #10
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
DaltonST,

Again, we have a different strokes for different strokes situation. I personally would be reluctant, VERY reluctant to give over even the 'tiny amount of space.' to the tear-off menu because I honestly JUST discovered a use for ONE of the menu items. And as much time and effort as you put into Job Spy, it still is largely built around functions I don't personally make use of. And doubt that I will.

Plus, it takes away from Library Splitter that multiple actions have to take place away from the addin before it is useful. It's ALWAYS easy in a already existing way for books to be selected and then moved ... relatively speaking. What Splitter is, is a tool to make large-scale flags for multiple destinations and then execute copies or moves. At least, that's what I understand it's purpose is.

Keeping the process within the non-modal addin, rather remembering to copy to the clipboard, select the cell, traverse either a torn-off menu or through three levels of a button's right-click, THEN repeat, until ready to run Splitter, seems awkward from MY perspective, even if I understand how you can have a completely different perspective. And that's where the you, as the designer, have to decide on ease of use for yourself or for your using public. And AGAIN, I admit, your way MAY, indeed, be the easiest for OTHER members of the public, too.

I suggest something like THIS in your non-modal box, would be more self-contained and logical in attachments below.

Respectfully, GM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17-12-13 04_07_50 [GS]-Library Splitter suggestion.png
Views:	689
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	160601  
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote