View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekchic View Post
Haven't posted in ages, but wanted to bring something up with iOS 11.2 if you haven't already updated.

I updated my iPhone X to 11.2 and I can no longer Airdrop books and use the "Open in" feature to open them in my epub reader of choice. It forces opening in iBooks only. The only way I can open epub in Marvin (the reader I use) is to upload the book to Box, and then use the "Open in" feature.

If you don't use iBooks for your epub reading, beware of the 11.2 update. I'm holding out updating my iPad Pro so I can still Airdrop -> Open in. Keeping that one on 11.1.2 for now, I guess.

It does allow you to Airdrop a PDF and choose "Open in" but now all epub books are defaulted to iBooks and it doesn't look like you can change it. Not super cool of Apple.
It is as you say. Fortunately it is nearly always iBooks that I want to use. But it is a regression, for sure.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote