View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #5
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
The reason I wanted to replace the font that way is because I found a webpage about changing default fonts on KT 5.1.0. It's very simple and straightforward. Then I thought just try it on my 5.3.7.3 to test if it works. I have nearly no knowledge about Linux or Unix. So all that I did, I was trying my luck.
Here in China, there's no access to google services. Only Bing and Baidu could be used and for English content Bing is the only way because Baidu sucks in English. Since I want to change the font that displays Chinese, there is rare information about it on this forum. Most of the how-tos or instructions in Chinese are outdated too. It turns out not to be a easy task.
I successfully connect Kindle to my PC via USB cable. I can do it from the beginning. But replacing the font just didn't work out. So I thought maybe turning to connection over WIFI might make a difference. It seems that's not the crux of the matter.
Anyway, using skpstone with customized fonts works really smooth for me. It saves a lot of time and effort for me.
I'll check the tutorials again to see if I can copy files to Kindle over WIFI. That will make a lot less plugging.
Thanks for your reply. It helps a lot. Thank you.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote