View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
rcentros
Grump
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & w/GL, Kindle Basic 4 (NT), Touch, Basic 8, Sony PRS-T2, 300
Second Goodwill Kindle Keyboard came today (this one *is* 3G, is white and came in a leather Amazon brand case). It took about two weeks to get these. This one wouldn't charge either. It had a "Critical Battery" message instead of the "Empty Battery" one. The amber light came on for a bit, then off ... finally wouldn't come on at all. So I opened it up (had more trouble with it than the original) and figured out why when I got into it. The battery was bulging pretty badly and probably putting strain on the case. So I got rid of that battery and installed the battery from the other Kindle Keyboard. Now it's got the exact same symptoms as the first Goodwill Kindle Keyboard. The battery shows 4.22 volts (but I don't know how many amps) – so I'm wondering if it's worth trying a new battery in either one of these? I ordered two other Goodwill eReaders, a Nook Simple Touch (that is also like new, but with a dead battery) and a Sony PRS-300, which was the only one of the four that worked (and it only cost $6 including s/h and looks like it was never used). I hate to abandon the Nook or either of these Kindles, but I'm guessing the Kindles might be a lost cause (except for parts).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote