View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #853
ReaderUser
ReaderUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Graphite), Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle DX Graphite
1) 16 GB is sufficient for non-graphical PDFs. I have a mixture of graphical documents and text articles, and have only used 4 GB of storage so far.

If your needs are primarily graphical, however, the 16 GB limit could become a problem.

2) If you live outside of major distribution countries, you may have to pay hefty import fees. I know I did.

3) Not sure what you are referring to here, but the pencil tips deplete relatively quickly. If you only use the pencil for annotation, it is okay. But if you are writing entire documents with the pencil, it will deplete too quickly.

4) I have Windows 7 and it connects fine. But I have all the administrator permissions. Hopefully you do too.

Also, the DPT-RP1 on Windows 7 cannot "Print to PDF," which is a handy feature that exists for the device in Windows 10. That is really the only problem that I have noticed.

PDF zoom is easily the weakest part of the DPT-RP1. You can only zoom one page at a time. After you exit the zoom, the zoom level resets.

What that means is that you cannot set a consistent zoom level for the entire document. It will always display the document zoomed to fit on the screen.

If you have a PDF formatted for small screens, it will simply be blown up to fit the screen.

If the PDFs truly are displaying small pages, you could easily set the device to view them 2-per-page.

What Sony needs to do is release an update that allows you to set a zoom level or area selection that is consistent across the entire document, instead of the user having to manually employ the zoom level for each page.
ReaderUser is offline   Reply With Quote