View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #20
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
A couple of thoughts (copied from my post on XDA)

Just got mine as well - SO love the fact that it's so easy to turn on developer mode and install apps - thanks for the confirmation. My needs are few: Calibre Companion, dropsync, web browser. I don't really need root either - I've been down the road of trying to push an ereader to its limits - I end up screwing around with the tech more than just reading. I'll also report back if I have any problems with any particular apps or if anyone wants me to try something out.

As far as reading, I can tell already that this is going to be a superior device than the Nook Glowlight Plus - that thing was slippery, weighted funny, the single non-physical button was frustrating as all get out. This really is the classic form factor of my all-time favorite Nook. I love the fact that I can turn the light on and off by long-pressing the N button again! And while I had long-since gotten used to not having physical page turn buttons, it is nice to have that option again - it might help with being able to navigate around other apps (rather Button Savior). The only small downside that I can see to there is no water-resistance - but that's not really important to me, esp. compared to the other upsides gained with this model.
Please post a link to XDA post. The big question is can you use GParted to increase the partition for side loading and decrease the one for b&n content?

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote