View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #54
raindog89
Connoisseur
raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Nook Glowlight 3
I was at B&N and tried out the Glowlight 3.
(Only hours after the announcement and the store was plastered with signage. It looks like they will be plugging this.)

A few comments in response to the comments above,
-- The worker claimed there will be 6gb available. That seems high and I forgot to check the storage in settings. But I would need a computer to connect to make sure.
-- The buttons are responsive. Certainly better than I remember on the NST. Also I don't remember the ability to double press to move by chapter or hold to move quickly.
-- The orange light is definitely variable, but only if you have the automatic setting off.
-- The offer is for only 1 issue of the periodicals.
-- The "Share" function is still locked out, so they haven't opened up the embedded browser yet.
-- Multi-tapping the Nook icon still opens the Android Developer Tools page, so I assume you can sideload apks in the same fashion.

I had just bought a refurbished NGP a week ago, and I guess I will return it and go for this. The huge bezel does look wasteful, but I prefer the look of this over the NGP. I would prefer waterproofing, and a slightly larger screen, but this is still a step up, for me at least. The light is nice.
raindog89 is offline   Reply With Quote