View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #2085
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I binge-listened to the first ten Nancy Drew books. These were a lot of fun, even though they were the revised versions, not the originals, more's the pity. The last time I read Nancy, I powered through the original first 56 titles in hardcover.

But now even the revised versions seem quaint and dated. Nancy makes calls from phone booths, wears dresses and gloves, relies on snail mail and telegrams. Dress shopping involves a clerk solicitously helping her choose and try on frocks. Bess and George are out for the day with $3 between them in their purses; no credit cards. Of course investigations require lots of driving around rather than a quick Google search; the driving around is often on dirt roads.

And these are the "modern" revisions!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote