View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #873
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem is that the first HTML/XHTML file in the spine does not point to the cover image,
While that's true, it's harder to check. The first thing in the spine is probably a jpg that is marked as the cover, so the first html/xhtml in the spine is chapter 1. Or something like that, not that I claim to understand spine construction.

Quote:
I think what you need is any book that has a cover image, but it is not used anywhere.
Searching for orphaned images works but gets a lot of false positives where the book just has extra images in it, but the title page is OK. Also, I'm not sure that polishing the book fixes the orphaned image problem, so they still show up in the search after being fixed.

I'm sure that the problem books the title page is an image instead of an html file, I looked at the book in the calibre editor, it even marks it as an error but won't fix it automatically.

Quote:
I don't know if any of the options in the plugin are suitable.
I don't think there is a suitable option...this is a feature request.

Last edited by compurandom; 10-31-2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: reread wgat you said
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote