View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #6
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Fantastic info.
I was wondering: can you understand where in the configuration they put screen update limiters? One of them should be a CPU sleep every 120s, that should be overridden by issuing Wake Locks (thanks to Guest for the idea, which I could not yet try).
The other is a screen update limit that is seen for example in remote desktop applications:

Quote:
try a VNC (or TeamViewer, or other) session; on other devices, the mouse cursor is updated continuously, on the Icarus it is updated much less frequently [like every second or so?]. I have not taken stats, but I can say that you have to look for where it "randomly" went at every wrist move - you cannot see any cursor movement.
Quote:
on this Icarus/Boyue device the mouse cursor - which is crucial - is updated every once in a while. On Onyx devices, it is hypnotically slow, but it is shown in a continuous flow. On this device, it appears static in unforeseeable places when fate so decides.
It has a quad core, but when using TV the CPU load is over 5...

Last edited by mdp; 10-24-2017 at 12:52 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote