View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #35
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
I wanted to post an update about my computer. I've been using a new user account that I set up a few months ago (had forgotten about it) and finished most of the the configuration in the last two days. I've had no memory errors so far. When I couldn't uninstall or install Calibre with my regular user account, and then I discovered I could install and uninstall with this new user account, I finally realized there is a corruption in the user account I've used for many years. It was time to start using a new user account.

You were right, BetterRed. I believe the problems I had were all related to a corrupt user account (and possibly another problem(s) with Windows 10). It appears that the Windows 10 (Creators version) repair installation and the new user account have fixed the problems I had (except for the Seagate Expansion hard drive that got trashed during the repair installation, and I had to reformat it, losing all the files that were on it---Note to anyone doing a repair installation: Disconnect any Seagate external hard drives before you start the installation, and also, turn off your firewall, which will speed up the installation).

Thank you all for your help!
deback is offline   Reply With Quote