View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #2080
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've been listening to Homonids by Robert J. Sawyer, narated by Jonathan Davis. It's an awesome book (read it several times already), but also very well narated.
I enjoy Sawyer's work; his WWW trilogy in which the Internet achieves consciousness is one of my favorites.

Your post reminded me of another of his works that I finished last month, Calculating God, read by Jonathan Davis (and partially by Robert J. Sawyer himself). Calculating God is about humanity's encounter with two alien species, both of which are stunned to learn that most of Earth's scientists don't believe in God, despite what to them are clear evidences of God's activity throughout the Cosmos. If you have a theological ax to grind, whether it be on the side of the village atheist or the religious fundamentalist of any stripe; this book isn't for you, but if you enjoy well-written and engaging speculation on the big questions of existence, this book will captivate and entertain you immensely.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote