View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #2654
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob00 View Post
Thanks again for your reply. The "Thread: K5 Kindle Touch/PW1/PW2 5.0.x - 5.4.4.2 JailBreak. Plus FW 5.x USBNetwork." was a bit confusing for me.

Although FW 5.3.7.3 falls within 5.0.0 to 5.4.4.2, it never mentions that I need to install the bridge before going up to 5.3.x. In fact, the instructions says that I only need to install the bridge if the FW is 5.4.5 and above. However, other threads mention that I need to install the bridge before upgrading to 5.3.x because from 5.3.x, the firmware flashes the entire system, wiping everything clean, including the jailbreak. So that was confusing and I needed clarification. You confirmed that I needed the bridge, so I followed that and it worked. I wonder what would have happened if I had not installed the bridge and upgraded to 5.3.7.3 and then tried to jailbreak it, because the instructions says that if the FW is lower than 5.4.4.2, I can just jailbreak it without the bridge.

The other part that was confusing is that it is not clear if USBNetwork is automatically installed when the jailbreak is installed, or if it needs to be installed separately. The thread tile says "...Plus FW 5.x USBNetwork" yet it does not give any instruction on how to install the USBNetwork download. Is there no separate instruction for USBNetwork because it is automatically installed when Jailbreaking, similar to MKK?

I imagine that someone expert enough on the subject to post this how-to thread is well versed on the subject, so everything might seem obvious or the instructions really seems totally complete to them. But for noobs, specially someone that just got a kindle for the first time, the detailed instructions sometimes unintentionally is missing something and/or is seemingly conflicting. The funny thing is that once the noob successfully jailbreaks and gains some experience by researching various forums and by asking questions on the forums, the very same detailed instructions NOW they seem complete and obvious, because the missing knowledge has been filled in. But when one is not familiar at all, the noob can hang by every word of the instructions and still not be completely sure on how to proceed. Thank goodness we can ask questions and there are generous people that bothers to teach us noobs. THANK YOU.
Hi. The thing about jailbreaks are they are not meant for newbies. I admire all your questions before asking.
To me: they are perfectly simple.
Read all the steps including spoilers. Now do exactly what the instructions say in order. Make sure you have everything you need before starting.
Read all of step and then do step 1.
Read all of step 2 and then do step 2.
Repeat until all steps are done.
Then you may do the optional steps that follow.
There now you are good to go.
Alternatively: if you do not understand the steps, enjoy your stock kindle.

I hope this helps.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote