View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine View Post
One thing that intrigues me for the Pocketbook devices is that if I understood correctly, the touch lux 3 at least (and maybe other Pocketbook devices) seems to have a power-off mode that is distinct from the sleep mode.
I have the PB Touch and my experience of it is that my reader uses 3-4% per day when I use sleep mode (wifi off, reading 2-3 hours per day with very low backlight). If I have it set to auto power off, battery usage is about half that. On the plus side - powering up from off takes about 8-10 seconds and I have learned to live with that.

I must qualify my power figures by saying that I use the CoolReader fork as my reading app on the PB Touch and my impression is that app uses a bit more battery than the in-built reading app.

Fonts can be sideloaded. Adding dictionaries is less easy - they have to be in the PocketBook .dic format.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote