View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #13
jselby
Zealot
jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage | Samsug GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
IPX8 (according to IP standards) can leak but the leaks will not be harmful to the unit. That said, you might want to verify it's suitability for a saltwater submersion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I don't actually have the unit, yet, but I'll check further on this.

There's also the salt spray and dampness that occurs near an ocean.

-- Thanks.
It looks like, based on the product page and the below link, that it can handle immersion in fresh water and brief exposure to salt water.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/browse.h...cog_waterproof

from the product page (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Read where you choose
New – No more soggy pages with the all-new Kindle Oasis—it's IPX8 rated to protect against immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes. And it's built to withstand getting splashed at the beach or dropped in the bathtub, hot tub, or pool.
jselby is offline   Reply With Quote