View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Lightbulb Upload ebooks in HTML format

Hi,
I was just thinking and pondering upon the file formats of the ebook readers, and thought a lot of my work has been to create/modify an HTML,to only later convert it to LRF for the Sony reader.

Here's where I got troubled, imagine if next year Sony would bring a new ebook reader on the market (with eg: larger screen or color or whatever) that no longer would display LRF files!
then a lot of the books on the forum will serve for the few of us who managed to snatch a PRS reader or the likes.. But that number would decrease over time.

Most of the books on the forum (apart from PDF books) come from html (sources); and get reconverted to .prc, .lit, .lrf, .... files.

Also,imagine soon there will be a new reader on the market with yet another fileformat.
I thought it better to have a standard library in HTML or .doc (perhaps every book; html/doc; compressed to .zip or .rar) and upload them!

.doc files are relatively easy to convert to html; but lrf files are not easy to convert to other fileformats. I mean, I suspect there'll be some layout issues which one would want to be able to edit in eg: HTML format, before converting it to the appropriate ebook format.

Besides once a book is in HTML,it can very easily converted to other formats!
It would literally need a user having a device, snatch the HTML,convert it,and upload the book.

What do you think? Would it benefit to do so or not?

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-19-2009 at 10:47 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote