View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #39
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Thank you.

I have a vertical mouse, and that helps.

I have Dragon for Mac, and that doesn't help. It wouldn't follow its listed voice commands, it wouldn't follow its settings,-- for example, I set it to use numerals instead of spelled numbers, but it would still insist on spelling "one" instead of "1"-- it wouldn't allow voice corrections, and it would go haywire if I used the mouse or keyboard, to move between the source document and my own work, or to move in either, or to select where to input data, or to do manual corrections.
I'm sorry to hear that. The most recent version, for PC is really quite astounding in how capable it is. I'm using Dragon 13.0, which I purchased in 2014, and it's amazingly good. Yes, I had to invest some time training it, but it was worth it.

You may wish to consider whether or not the version you have is new enough to work well, (n.b.: there seems to be no version of DNS that is "new enough" on a Mac to work well, unfortunately), or perhaps, you might think about springing for a cheap PC laptop, for this purpose only. I mean, you're kinda trying to push a chain up a hill, to begin with, as the Mac universe has fewer software options to begin with. Between that and your unique needs, a PC might give you more options. I know that Mac users are very attached to the universe of Apple devices, but in this instance, maybe you need to make an exception for this specific use. Just a thought. From what I've seen, Dragon is not very suitable for Mac.

Another idea--not as helpful as Dragon, but--is to try to use Google's dictation, via GoogleDocs. Perhaps, if you used GoogleVoice, to get your material together, you could then make it through the remainder, using Word, etc. at that future point. The GoogleVoice only works, I'm told, if you are dictating while you're online--so you need a Net connection (which makes sense), but if you're working from home or an office, that should not be unduly difficult, I'd think.

I'm sorry--your physical needs are so specific, it's hard to envision a simple way to get there from here. The software becomes somewhat moot, if we can't think of some way to get your material, notes, etc., into it without keyboards, mice, and the like. Sorry I'm not more help.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote