View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@jhowell: Not quite. No part of calibre can depend on DRM removal plugins. So the way to go would be to have the device driver/file type plugin assemble the split KFX into a monolothic (.kfx extension) but still DRMed file, or if that is not possible, into a ZIP file containing all the components (.kfx-zip extension).
Oops. I didn't consider the importance of keeping DRM removal completely separate in my proposed solution. I think your second alternate, zipping the various files, is the most practical.

----

I realize now that I do not understand how calibre handles file import using File Type Plugins.

What happens when multiple File Type Plugins are registered to handle the same format?

What happens if a plugin changes the format of an imported book to one that another plugin can handle?

(Perhaps these questions are off-topic for this thread.)
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote