View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
IMHO, eBook retailers have kind of killed the golden goose with high pricing on many eBooks. I cannot see any reason for them to cost more than a paperback copy of the same book. They should cost less. Sometimes an eBook is less, but just as likely, it costs more.
Blame publishers for most pricing, not retailers (if someone needs to be blamed). Ebooks sometimes cost more because while retailers can discount and price compete on paper books they often can't on ebooks and are stuck with whatever price the publisher set.

Quote:
How else do people acquire eBooks? I'm certainly not against buying them, but only if the cost is reasonable. I've seen many books that I want that would cost $11.99 to buy as an eBook, or $4 to buy (shipping included) as a used mass market paperback in "very good" condition. I might prefer an eBook for convenience, but sometimes the price does set me back a step.
If you're comparing to used book prices you're usually not going to find the ebook cheaper (unless on a sale). Publishers have to pay their staff and authors (and I agree sometimes pricing is more than I'll pay, so for me that's library time or wait for a price drop) while used book pricing can often be a race to the bottom with some sellers willing to literally make pennies per copy, at least with more popular high print run titles.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote