View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
I have some problems with the extension on Voyage 5.8.10

When I turn on Auto-Control it is working perfectly. Lights are off.
But someway it blocks my books indexing via usb. If I send books via usb it won't appear in my library on the device. If I disable Auto-Control and restart kindle, then indexing start working ok.

What can I do with that?
Find the actual cause.
The front light extension has nothing at all to do with the indexing of books.

Dump the system messages, read them, find the actual cause of the indexing stall (the system will have described the problem in the message files).
In the main page search bar, enter:
;dm
The semi-colon is part of the command.

PS:
Please provide a link to the post that claimed this had been tested on a KV running 5.8.10 firmware.
(It is firmware version dependent, in the sense that it is kernel version dependent. It is probably also hardware model dependent.)

Last edited by knc1; 08-20-2017 at 07:48 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote