View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 09:15 AM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Just be very careful, if using the settings menu to restart the device, that you do not touch "Reset". Those entries are one right above the other.

Which is shorthand for "Reset to factory defaults".

That translates to: "Erase everything the user has put on the device".
(Including books, notes, bookmarks, etc. etc.)

The "factory defaults" only included one book: "The Kindle User's Guide" and that is the only one that will be on it when the erasing is done.
How often is something like that required for a rather casual user of a Kindle? If I recall, the only time I ever had to reset my Sony was after I had let the battery go dead for a long time. After charging, it acted squirrelly until I did a reset.

Is there some approved way to back up and restore your Kindle? Is copying the folders to and from your computer's HD enough?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote