View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #2060
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I read the first four or five Maisies in hardcover as they came out, trying to enjoy them, but I disliked the character more and more with each book, and finally gave up. I like the Bess Crawford series--Bess is a WWI British nurse--much better.
I'm on Maisie #6, Among the Mad, looks like I started the series back in December, it's not a series I want to read straight through, but I still like coming back to it. Maisie may not be the most likeable character, but she's interesting. This one has a darker feel, but the mystery is keeping me engaged.

A couple of months ago I listened to Stephen Fry read Sherlock Holmes, awesome reading!

I also listened to Stephanie Plum 20 to 23 recently. The outright silliness of some of the prior books almost made me give up the series, but these caught me in a mood where I thought they were fun, despite Stephanie's cars continuing to blow up with monotonous regularity.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote