View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 04:41 AM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
"Tricky" is an understatement.

For example I found one that had some really nice covers of the photo-realisitic style I am looking for ... but some of the other covers shown tend to put me off - they are so busy!

For example one cover has a waterfall lit by moonlight, a soaring eagle, a roaring bear, what I think might be a speedboat, a fire, and three! faces. ... Oh, and also a sticker of some sort. These are all separate elements (okay, so two of the people make up one element). I should add that the designer has, remarkably, managed to make all that come through with good clarity even in a very small thumbnail - which would seem to demonstrate considerable skill.

Now I might be tempted to say: blame the author. In this extreme case it is probably true, but there are quite a number of busy covers in the portfolio. Do I blame the authors in all these, or do I think it is a tendency of the artist? It's so difficult to guess until you take the plunge and try one.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote