View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranapw3 View Post
I jailbroke my new PW3 (serial no: G090), updated to latest fw 5.8.10, installed plugins like kual, koreader without any issue but unfortunately none of the plugins worked. so later reset my device and tried again, hence problem got started.
Now after placing Kual KDK 2.0_azw2 on documents results kual showing error 'This device is not authorised as a test kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer.' Just worrying that my device lost JB as for now.
Even can't downgrade to initia 5.7.4_bin as i've downgrade is not supported now for current version. Please tell me how to fix this issue?
Please give a link to the directions you where following.

You where not follow ours (the original) at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Try reading it, you will discover the things you should not have done.
For instance:
Quote:
This is the ONLY TIME you should ever use the Reset menu entry in the lifetime of the device because it wipes out the jail break survival code that is about to be added in step 6 below.
NEVER AGAIN USE THE "Reset" MENU ENTRY. Never, ever, unless you intended to wipe out the jailbreak survival code. Which you really, really, need.
How could I have made that part of Step #2 any clearer?

Now that you have read it, you should know how to fix what you did: reinstall the 'hotfix' package.
Since you are running a consumer firmware build, you must use MrPI to install the hotfix.
Since KUAL will not run, you must use the search bar command to trigger the installation by MrPI.
Once you have carefully read through the all of the directions here, you will know how to do those things.

And if that doesn't work, then get your support where you got your directions.

Last edited by knc1; 07-20-2017 at 03:31 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote