View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That sounds like a lot of user introduced hoops to jump through.

"Open the paperwhite" -
Meaning you have a magnetic cover ?
I don't see where you had to sign in this first time you opened the cover.
I don't see where you enabled wireless.

"I have to close the paperwhite" -
Meaning literally, close the cover so the magnet shuts it down?
Did you have the wireless enabled when you did that or had you disabled wireless at that point?

"open it back up and unlock it" -
Do you mean you have it passphrase protected or do you mean you have a Special Offers (ad supported) model and "unlock it" means dismiss the ads?

At what point(s) in that narrative did you enable Wireless?
At what point(s) in that narrative did you disable Wireless?
How long did the Kindle have, with an established connection to Amazon, before you expected it to work as you expected?

It is a petty powerful device, but it can not guess what reading position you left off with the other application on the other device.
You have to give Amazon's servers time to update your device.

PS: The proper nickname for your device here is a: PW3
Often information you read here will be using that nickname.
So when you read: "PW3" that means: "Your model".
Maybe he is like me, and just leaves the wireless enabled all of the time?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote