View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #27
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
"Value" is subjective. IMO, price comments have no place in a book review. In many cases, the author has nothing to do with the price. Price has nothing to do do with the writing of the book.

When I read a review, I want to see pertinent comments about the book. The price is there in plain site, I don't want or need the reviewers thoughts on the price.
Interesting point. I agree of course that value is subjective. As of course is a review. Personally I don't believe there should be a blanket rule that price should never be mentioned. I gave one example where I think such mention is appropriate. Cinisajoy, though she does not seem to completely share my point of view, gave others. And, with eminent good sense, DiapDealer gave excellent advice if you do dislike any mention of price. That is skip them and move on. Rolling the eyes is optional.

I also dislike praise of formatting in a review. Competent formatting is to be expected. Likewise a reasonable standard of grammar.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote