Thread: iLiad iLiad kernel development
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
TFFS module

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
I didn't find recent infos about the TFFS module that "controls" the flash chip. Don't know if it's needed or if it can be replaced by some other MTD module.
I've looked left and right for more information about the tffs module, and I'm still not sure what it has. It's clear that it includes a propietary FS that handles the difficult task of wear leveling, but I have been unable to confirm that that is it.

If it is only a FS, we could use UBIFS instead, now that it is stable in 2.6. As an alternative we can use the old jffs2.

Console output

A solution for the console output is using Netconsole:

netconsole.txt

Netconsole howto: send kernel boot messages over ethernet

Basically netconsole is what I said in the iRex forums I that was intending to code, but RedHat's Ingo Molnar had it already done, and it has been ported to kernel 2.6.

Good luck with the port :-).

Last edited by Antartica; 02-15-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote