View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Challenging Classics Needed

Recently, I've been reading lots of Amazon freebies, which have been predominantly romantic self-published easy reads. I'd like to get back into reading classics, but find that my reading level has dropped due to the aforementioned material.

At the moment I'm reading Twain's A Connecticut Yankee by following along with this:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?ann...id=3vo6nqrtonI
while also reading it on my Kindle.

I'd like something more challenging, while being interesting at the same time, and in the public domain in the UK. Have the audio of the full text would be a great advantage (Librivox etc).
Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote