View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #14
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I do some reading with Moon+ reader on my phone when I'm away from my Kindle and it has a page number option that shows total screens in chapter and number of screens already read. That gives you a pretty good idea of where you are in the chapter.

Of course if you change fonts or line spacing or margins these numbers change. That makes it difficult if you're always changing the layout but for people like me who rarely do this I think it's the most rational plan I've seen.

Moon+ should never have been named Moon+. It should have been called Rational Reader or some such.

Barry
That's how Kobos count the "pages in chapter" that Koboy was referring to. This only works in "Kepub" files not ePubs. If you set the Kobo to show pages left in the book, it defaults to the Adobe page numbering system--but for kePubs by chapter it shows screen counts--which will change when you change the font size. I like seeing the screen count as it gives me a good idea of how long I have left in the chapter. Personally, I like it better than Kindle's "Time left in Chapter". And it's trivial to convert ePubs to kePub when trnasferring books to my Kobo readers.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote