View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #1353
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I have followed the pricing of The Great Courses, at various stores where they are sold, over several years. My conclusion is: you can't get a better price than what Audible has when they have them on sale (but the selection is always very limited). The second best time and place to buy them is at The Great Courses themselves, when they have a particular sale called the "Employee Pricing Sale." They're offering one of these sales right now and, this time, at least, their sale involves them offering an extra 50% off of 80 featured courses that are on sale already.

My rule of thumb is to try to never pay over $1 per hour of lectures. Under normal circumstances, it's hard to meet that goal. However, with this sale, it's fairly easy. For example, the course on "Greek Tragedy," taught by Elizabeth Vandiver (an excellent teacher, by the way) is $19.95. After you take an additional 50% off, that brings the price down to slightly less than $10. And how long is this course? It is 13 hours long!

The sale ends midnight Monday. Be sure to use coupon code YQ4J at checkout. Here's a place where you can start your odyssey (I wonder why people don't say, "where you can start your Iliad. But I digress): http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/c...0231083&sa=RL6. That URL is very long, but I got it straight from a Great Courses email message to me, and I didn't see any affiliate tags.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-24-2017 at 08:44 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote