View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
The jump around/down effect might be valid. If so, that implies the person reads the digital page faster, than the physical page.

The other thing that research ignored, is that different types of reading, stimulate different parts of the brain. I've forgotten the specifics, but when one is focused on studying a legal contract, for example, a completely different section of the brain lights up, then when one is reading the latest mind-candy that will be promptly forgotten.
I agree that different types of reading material can stimulate different parts of the brain. But I don't think reader a paper copy of the latest James Patterson novel will be any different than reading it on my H2O. Reading on my phine can be different as there are sometimes distractions due to notifications and/or text messages.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote