View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
Unless readers are using "kindles" in ways I'm unaware of, I think the title is daft. There is nothing on my reader screen to be interfering with immersive reading. In the article's picture, it's the print newspaper reader who is more likely to be distracted.

Neither the article or the linked essay mentioned brain scan experiments to back up the claims. It might be worth pursuing this with the focus on pliable young brains.

As an adult who was reading books before personal computers were invented, I guess I fall in their category of ‘bi-literate’ brain.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote