View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #68
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Are you able to recreate these crashes in any way on your Windows builds?

I am stumped as I simply can not get it to crash in the manner stumped has described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Someone posted a fixed version of the Kiwidude Open With plugin that utilizes the same strategy that the internal calibre Open With feature uses. It's safe to use on Windows, but it might still cause problems on Linux.

Not sure it would have a bearing on the crashing issues either way, though. The main problem was that calibre Qt plugins were being used with Sigil's Qt.

One way to rule it out would be to use calibre to open the location to the book and use OS-level file-associations to open the epub in Sigil and try to get it to crash. I open books in calibre libraries like that all the time with no issues, but maybe I've just never performed the "correct" steps to get it to crash.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote