View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I thought the book was a bit dry. I don't think it holds up well these days. The idea is a bit stale. I found Brave New World to be dry and stale as well. Part of the problem is a lot of dystopian stories don't last all that well.
Stale in comparison to what yardstick though? Fahrenheit 451 was written in 1953 when America was living through the McCarthy era. And Brave New World was written in 1931 at a time there was instability in Britain and the Nazi's were beginning their rise to power in Germany. Like any other book they are a product of the times in which they were written.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote