View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #79
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I remember ripping my CDs to mp3. It took me an entire weekend and broke the DVD drive on my then-new laptop* It was time-consuming in annoying way because the rip of each CD took < 5m. Long enough so there was 'idle time' in the task itself, short enough to not really allow you to start doing something else entirely.

There's no way I would want to go back and re-rip them. Too much effort for too little benefit. I might consider buying them again before I did that.

FWIW the handful of CDs I've bought in the last few years I have ripped to FLAC (as well as mp3).

(*not completely, it would still read DVDs, but after ripping > 200 CDs it no longer read CDs)
I remember when I did all my CDs. I rearranged my kitchen in <5 minute intervals. The CDs and the kitchen took about the same length of time. It amazed me how much one can accomplish in a minute or two.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote