View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #59
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Format shifting from a lossy format won't do any good. What you'll need to do is to re-rip to FLAC and then you have source files you can convert (or use as is) to any format you want as FLAC is lossless. So when you rip your CDs to FLAC, you get all the bits.
Except none of my portable devices or my home stereo can play flac files; only my computer can. Additionally, almost all my downloaded music and audiobooks were mp3 files to start with.

Since I retain any original CDs, re-ripping to flac seems pointless. I'd still also need mp3 files to play my music.

I guess I may be an anomaly since I don't stream music from the cloud.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote